View Single Post

Garage
Kees (from Harmelen NL) yes the plugs on my car look like the ones in the picture... and if you can find the Tectyl spraying diagrams, that would be great.
I will admit, though, that I do not intend to go to the length of ripping out headliners, carpets, gas tank etcetera... to go inside the hollow parts (as seen in the above photographs): my car is 9 out of 10 in the "appearance" department, and this would be going too far. And yes, the 1988 Carrera has been extensively galvanized (but I am very very sceptical as to the degree of protection that provides "today", after some 16-17 years - I've seen my own and other Carrera's very very rusted indeed in spite of that mythical zinc galvanisation I always hear of). I have carefully sprayed (first ML, then "Bodyguard") the wheelwells (especially around the headlamp and door jamb mud-collection points), inner rockers and doors. I -basically and theoretically- only drive in good weather (but do get caught out...), NEVER on salted roads (if possible), always extensively wash the car (only after she's been wet...) and keep a good wax on her. She's parked in a dry garage (heated by the house heating burner nearby...), with chemical de-humidifying boxes under her and one inside. Other than demonstrating that I am applying "due diligence", I hope it will impede the rust devil...
Old 01-30-2004, 12:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)