Thread: This is scary!
View Single Post
Steve,

It takes a bit more to offend me. My conversion was done quite a few years ago by me. It was the biggest car project I've ever taken on and was extremely rewarding. Additionally, I can say there are many flat nose conversions that I don't particularly care for myself.

"back in the day" the 959 conversion did inspire quite a bit of talk but never took off. I'd say looks had a role in that fact. Getty design was probably the most accurate and highest quality "kit" maker/installer. It required ALOT of cutting and was not for the faint of heart. If not done properly the stuctural integrity of the car was toast.

Aside from the fact that I don't care for looks of the 959 (I like the performance and technology though) the car in this auction scares me because it's a cab. What kind of reinforcement was done? It's tough enough keeping a Coupe conversion sound.

Oh and you can't see anything in front of except for the road....Kind of like a Go-kart.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)