View Single Post
Schleprock

Kerry,

I wouldn't drive too much without an alignment. A few trips for giggles or to settle the ride height is no big deal. If you get to driving it too much, you can booger up your nice new tires. When I did my suspension work, I eyeballed the front toe by making the new turbo tie rods as close to the same length as the old standard tie rods. My eyeballing was way off (something like 8 deg. toe in) and put some pretty good uneven wear on my front tires. Luckily the tires were some crappy Dunlop SP Sport 4000 A/S tires that I planned to replace anyway.

I imagine your situation is not as extreme as mine, but it still sorta applies- even in the rear. No point in unneccesarily wearing out your new tires. Do that on the track!

Got it looking good now. Nice job.

Quote:
By Grady:

KTL,
A talented body person can roll that fender lip without damaging the paint.
I thought of rolling the lips. They were chewed up pretty good with peeling paint as well. I decided to shave them instead. Left about a 1/8"-1/4" of lip on there to maintain some rigidity. Was that a bad idea? Too late now. What's done is done.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)