View Single Post
Schleprock

Quote:
Originally posted by FenderGuy

Porsche 911 Mitsubishi 4G63 <---------- ???
There you go. The Mitsu 4G63 2.0L turbo is a pretty durable motor which has been around a long time. They've been tweaking that motor for years. Kinda like GM's 3800 V6 in the sense that the motor has proven to be tried and true for their applications over a long period of time. The 4G63 is the motor that's powered all those turbo Eclipses, Galants, Lancers, ........ Currently running 280 hp stock in the now US available Lancer Evo (Evolution VIII I believe).

From what I understand, it doesn't take much to get these motors to 400hp just like the Subaru motor mentioned above. They just need to breathe more. Upgraded exhausts with free flowing intakes and quicker turbos makes those little cars (which are kinda heavy at 3300+ lbs w/out driver) scoot pretty good. Something like $1200 bucks with my labor will get my Laser pushing 300hp. That's with the stock TD05H turbo. Now that's bang for your buck.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)