View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by jpinkert
Another thing to note about the valence mount -- it changes the airflow around your car and could cause the front end to get lighter at speed. All that air flows through it is directed down, underneath the car.
So what about the 911 race cars? This is pure speculation and irresponsible to mention until you have the facts.

The best cooling for his requirements (remember, he said track) is the front mount horizontal cooler from BAT or similar. That's what race cars use.

And the damage statements that people have been talking about are another heap. If you have an agricultural experience at the track you can damage much more than your cooler. The whole car is vulnerable and coolers, whether in the fender (debris) or in the valence (front end impacts) are both at risk. Go with what's best for your main investment (i.e. your engine) and your conditions (i.e. track or street or traffic).

You will need the following:

BAT Cooler kit ($900)
New fiberglass bumper ($400)
Trim, finish, paint and fit ($400)
New rear bumper to match front ($400)
Trim...you get the point. It's not cheap (heck what track stuff is?) but it's effective. My car didn't get hotter than 190 on the track in summer.

Tristan
Old 01-30-2004, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)