View Single Post

Bob -- Google the sites for Quiet Cote and Cascades Audio. ANd search here for some of my prev. posts on lightwt. sound deadeners. I would not use Brown Brd. myself.

There are two types of sound deadeners - the older kind is designed to just make the resonant frequency of the panel such a low frquency that it is inaudible -- that is done by adding wt.

The newer typ encapsuates micro beads in the material and is designed to absorb the sound and dissipate it as heat. Sound is really just vibrations in a medium such as air. This latter material is the type to use for light wt. deadening.

Some manfs. also make thermal and sound barrier materials -- that is what I plan to use for the fire wall.

I recently sprayed the underside of the tranny tunnel and the inside of the same with the QC material. Engine is out now but will test eventually I hope.

Also, be sure to replace the engine sound pad on the ext. of the firewall -- these degrade over a few years and look intact, yet let sound thru. The new ones are lighter than the old by a lot, so you can upgrade and lose wt. at the same time.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)