View Single Post
Go Speedracer, go!

Quote:
Originally posted by Weaver
CDiercks- Fabcar built 2 or 3 IMSA Camel Lights cars powered by Porsche engines in the 80's, then they did the tub repair for Holbert and PMNA for the 962s'. After that, they built the last 12 or so 962 tubs for the factory after they ( the factory ) dropped their Group C support, I think that was about '88 or '89, when they were still in Atlanta. Dave Klym has always supported Independant Porsche teams.

As for Grand Am, this effort is not supported by the factory. Brumos purchases the GT3rs engines from PMNA and does the rebuilds, but it is not a factory support program. PMNA has latly held the stance that the onlt factory support would be in the GT series and not a prototype series, hopefully for the time being.

On a side note, when Snodgrass and the Brumos team introduced the car last year, it had 996 headlights and tail lights, as the DP rulebook states. Springer and the factory were very upset and did not want the idea that the factory was in support of this new prototype series. So Brumos purchased those headlight covers you sometimes see in Twe*ks and P*rformance Products and bonded them to the bodywork. By doing that, they stay within the rules by having the street car headlights and makes PNMA happy by making them harder to identify!
Thanks for explaining that. I guess I should have known that since Fabcar is only a couple of miles from my house!
Old 01-31-2004, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)