View Single Post

Well the pipe came in and I started hacking up more metal.
I got to the point where I was ready to tack weld the inlets. Fired up the welder and, "PAP"... "PAP"... hmmm... wire isn't feeding... check the spool... DAMN.... out of wire!

So, Leland runs down to the welding supply place... DAMN... closed... goes to two hardware stores in vain... DAMN... no go.

Went to WalMart to get some ceiling hooks for the wife and looked in their hardware section... well, here's some MIG wire it is flux-core, I have a gas welder... well, what the hell, maybe I can meake it work.

Get home, spend 15 minutes swapping the wire from the itty bitty Wallyword spool to the large one for my welder.... take it to the garage, D A M N.... different diameter wire... won't fit in the nozzle.... dig through assorted bag of welder stuff from my father... ah ha!... found four new nozzles... check for fit... D A M N... all too small.

So I am beaten.

damn.

Disclaimer for the vulgarly challenged: Leland nor the SCWDP wish to see any welder or welder accessories actually plunged into eternal fire and damnation. I am just a little put off.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)