View Single Post
Super Moderator

Garage
I wouldn't go that far, and S models will always command a premium. But the last time I looked on eBay there were a bunch of 993 cabs, and they were all south of $40K.

As for what to get, I've ran these numbers a bunch of times. The way I figure, I'd be looking at about a $15-20K difference between my car and a good 993. So that money gets me a more modern car with more power and amenities. That's a plus. But I have a feeling that the 993s are heading into the more expensive repair zone...seems like at about 10 years things start needing to be replaced. On my SC I've had a bunch of stuff swapped out already. With the right 993 you could be in the same ballpark, but you'll still have a few odds and ends to sort out (and more if you believe that the engines have weak valve guides or carbon gunk issues). So I'm out $20K and still will be sinking money into the car. As Bill said, "devil you know." That same $20K would keep the SC running for a lot of years...
Old 01-31-2004, 10:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)