View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to SeriousFunk104
Speedo buzzing and tach going limp

Hello,

I am hoping to gather a little insight to my immediate woes from this great BBS. On my last outing a month ago in my 73T, Speedo (stock VDO 150 MPH) started to buzz horrendously to the point the needle fell of its shaft! What I am wondering is the original failure likely to be cable, the gage or both? Other than the needle needing to be put back on, what should I be looking for in worn parts? This was on the drive to my destination......

On the way home, using my Tach (again a stock VDO) to keep an eye on speed I noticed it getting really limp, it had always been a little "washy" since I have bought the car in April, but now it was not even getting up to the correct RPM. By the time I got home the poor tired needle would not leave its resting pin. What type of electrical problem am I looking at here? I think the car was really protesting against being out in the cold weather, grumpy Californian car ;-)

Any bits of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
Old 02-01-2004, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)