View Single Post

Garage
Porsche Crest Atlanta area 911 electrical exp needed

Just bought my 85 and have noticed some odd things in the wiring. I would rather consult with some good knowledgable P-car DIY's before taking it somewhere for time consuming diagnostics and repair. I have no problem doing the repair.

I was reading some of the old records and the previous owner had a shop install a bypass starter relay, due to intermittent starting. They cut the yellow lead from the starter and spliced in at the back and again up front(same yellow lead). Put in a used ign. sw.

Not to familiar with positive to ground systems and the most effective way of checking. Mechanicals are no problem. (just did all the shifter bush changes sat morn) and just pondered, did some minor checking of switches and what not.

Current situation: Interior,Luggage, engine comp lights don't work. Power stays on to the windows without the key. Suspect this relay for these?? Would like to fix back as orginal and take that m**** relay out and re-splice normal. I also posted something about the o2 sensor being broke off in the engine compartment at the insulator/mt brkt.

Battery will drain if not ran for 3 days.

I would definite like to meet some other people in this area that enjoy doing there own work. Exchange some thoughts and help others as needed.

I am actually in the newnan area. Maybe we can work something out. Thanks.

"Drive the Ride"
Old 02-01-2004, 03:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)