View Single Post

Garage
I also had an 83SC cab. I loved it for 7 years. However, like you I wanted a little more. I went with an 88 turbo cab. If you don't get another cab my guess is you will regret it. Just think of all those top down days you loved. Those will all be gone. As far as more power, you will have more than you ever wanted. A few mods and it will get down right scary (i.e. fun). The A/C isn't great but not bad. Besides, if you need A/C you just put the top down and step on the gas. For $35K you should be able to find a nice 87 or 88 turbo cab. I had the same choice as you and have zero regrets. Drive one and find out for yourself.

I reread your post and may need to change my mind. It depends on where you live. I see you are looking for a daily driver, even in the winter. If your winter is like mine in Wisconsin (snow, slush, ice, average highs in the 20's) forget the turbo. I just couldn't imagine trying to drive a turbo home in a blizzard. With that power and those wide tires you could end up dead in the ditch.

Last edited by lukeh; 02-01-2004 at 09:07 PM..
Old 02-01-2004, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)