View Single Post

John, To answer your questions
1. I agree tha the DP's have an ugly roofline. They have to meet certain size criteria but some are better than others( BMW Picchio comes to mind).
2. The 996 GT3 RS cars have flares but the Cup cars don't. The GT3 series also use the turbo front end which is much nicer looking. Lowering and some nice tastful paint jobs go along way to making these cars look better and more businesslike.
3. Some of those NASCAR drivers are awesome, in fact last year Kyle Petty gave a really good interview singing praises of sportscars how much he liked driving the 996 racecars vs. the NASCARS( he drove one of the Orbit GT3-RS's last year).
4. The yellow headlights are "ACO" yellow which is what they use at LeMans. Most GT3-RS cars are speced with these so they can race in Europe. I use yellow headlights on my car and have actually printed the MA statute that allows these. I put a copy in my dash in case Officer Friendly doesn't believe me. Check your local DMV!!

Cheers, James
Old 02-01-2004, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)