View Single Post
Thread Killer

Garage
I'm no expert, but I've always done all of the electrical on my cars, and to date they're still running!

Not sure what you mean by positive ground, but the interior lights are straight from battery through panel #1 fuse #1, no relay involved. Door locks run through #2 relay (which may be bad in your case, and could be a cause of drain?) through panel #3 fuse #1. Engine compartment light will not work unless headlights are turned on.

Also as far as the drain, is there any aftermarket equipment installed? Anything like stereo equipment/amp, alarm system, radar detector, etc.? If these are not installed (or functioning) properly, they can drain your system pretty quickly.

I would suggest getting a service manual that has the detailed electrical diagram. It would be difficult to get very far without it. Having the wiring color codes and connector locations really helps when tracing out circuits. (Bentley or even Haynes)

Good luck!
'02 Ducati Monster 900ie
Old 02-01-2004, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)