View Single Post

Which makes me rethink and somewhat understand Porsche's current position on racing....

In the past...a win *meant* something. It meant *this* company took on all comers and won. Their technology / appraoch / products were simply better. Think of the great Silver Arrows of the late 30's.

Today...you can "buy" a racing organization. and win. Or re-label an engine and win. Or have tube-framed cars labelled "Jaguars" that are really Fords and win. Or have rules orgnaizers require your cars to have ballast and restrictors ( you know...for a better "show"....) and win.

So Porsche's brass is thinking....what's the point? We can't demonstrate technical superiority any more...it's expensive...and the spectators are "on" to the labelling scam anyway... and the organizers won't let an advantage stay too long because it upsets the "show"...Hrmpphh !...lets build an SUV and 4 door instead and milk this company's reputation (of its PAST) as much as we can. We'll retire soon with big packages before the masses find out what happened ".

---Wil Ferch ( I guess showing my cynical side today!)
Old 02-02-2004, 05:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)