View Single Post

Question Race Ware and ARP Nuts Backing Off???

Hi All,

I need someone like Wayne or John W to confirm what was told to me about my engine Friday. Keep in mind this engine was fully rebuilt with Timecerts, ARP hardware, etc. I had Stuttgart in Portland examine my cylinder head studs for torque due to some light oil leaking at the case/cylinder junction. They indeed found a few of the driver's side nuts at around 16 f-lbs, indicating loss of torque. They said that there was no indication of head studs pulling upon their examination. They said that there have been several occurences of Race Ware and ARP nuts coming lose. The nuts were retorqued to spec. They suggested that if upon rechecking the torques in a couple of thousand mile they are lose again, change to the Porsche nuts and washers.

Has anyone heard of this happening; the nuts backing off? Stuttgart has a good reputation among the Portland Pelicans and the PCA. I need someone to call BS for me. John? Wayne?

Thanks you,
Troy

Past: 1988 Carrera-backdated with a 3.6 and all the goodies.
Present: 2011 GMC 2500HD with the 6.0 & 4x4!, 2004 Toyota Sequoia (wife's)

Last edited by JTO; 02-02-2004 at 11:43 AM..
Old 02-02-2004, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)