Thread: What to build?
View Single Post
Somewhere in the Midwest

John,

Backdating doesn't have to be expensive. I bought rust free California fenders and hood for less than the cost of two new fiberglass fenders. Shop around, and being in Cali, you should have no trouble finding some.

I refused to pay top dollar for mediocre fenders that were being offered...waited..changed my plan..then found the set I have now 9 months after I started looking!

I'm welding on flares; however, if you don't want to weld flares onto your car, you can build a 911R replica.

Ron, well done flares won't take anything away from your nice Cali car....

For some of you out there, you may not have to paint the whole car like I will since your paint may be good as is. Just have the donor fenders and hoods striped and painted to match...same with the glass bumpers.

One more thing, don't go paying crazy prices for the early turnsignal. They should not be worth as much as some of the ones I have seen. I realize there is a limited supply, but some of the prices are just nuts! And if you are not bent on having the buckets, you can get the lenses, adaptors to fit to the fenders and epoxy motorcycle flush blinkers and marker lights to the backside of the lenses.....cheap and light! But! If you want to pay the crazy prices...e-mail me, I can use the money.

Good luck....

Last edited by MotoSook; 02-02-2004 at 11:07 AM..
Old 02-02-2004, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)