Thread: SSI or Dansk
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeroen
The Dansk doesn't even come NEAR the quality of an SSI

Danks > Mildsteel headers. One of the runners is actually made from seperate pieces
SSI > All stainless. Each runner is bend from one piece of pipe
Not true. Dansk heat exchangers are 100% stainless steel.

Dansk > MIG welded
SSI > TIG welded and has more spotwelds on the shell of the HE
Once again, not true. Dansk uses only TIG welding on their heat exchangers.

The fit of the SSI shells around the headers is much tighter compared to the Dansk - less escaping heat

This is true. Dansk heat exchangers have a looser fit around the header tubes. This fit is exactly the same fit as the heat exchangers that Dansk supplies to Porsche.

Jeroen
Dansk continues to supply heat exchangers, mufflers, heater control valves, pipes, etc. to Porsche as Original Equipment service parts. The quality control for a parts manufacturer to supply a car manufacturer is very stringent. The engineers from Porsche are in the Dansk factory on a regular basis inspecting materials, toolings, and manufacturing processes. I have been there myself numerous times, and have found the quality control, and the quality of their products second to none. I have toured many different parts manufacturing facilities all over the USA and Europe, and the Dansk factory is on par with the best of any in the world.

'80 911SC Weissach Edition
'87 325is
'02 K1200RS
Old 02-02-2004, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)