View Single Post

Mark, there is no mystery why you keep posting pics of your car. She is gorgeous. She's the sports car equivalent of....Cheryl Tiegs. Stunning. Breathtaking.

Calbrat, the earliest SCs are not becoming smog exempt since they are achieving 25 years of age. Also, early SCs have the more robust fuel and intake system, including larger intake ports, intake runners, etc. But they have lower compression pistons, than the later models. Late model P&Cs can be found easily, so for cheap you can probably make those early SCs give 215 hp. Or so.

On the other hand, later SCs had some improvements. Chain wheel carriers were re-engineered in about 1980. Steel injector lines are nice. etc.

SCs usually do not have trouble passing smog. Do your homework, spend a great deal of time shopping, and get a good deal on exactly the car you want. If I had it to do over, I'd be shopping for a car that has the upgrades I am currently wondering how to pay for. Suspension parts, race seats, etc.

And don't be thinking that you have your fun car (914) and that the SC will be the austere daily driver. Wrong. With all due respect to the 914, your 911 will become your "fun" car.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)