View Single Post
Vinyl pimp

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by TRE Cup
were you referring to Pt Mugu? SB region had a great thing going for a while when one of the commanders gave up his weekend to baby sit the club and SCCA for autocrosses there. Then we came along with POC and actually held one of our cup races - VERY exciting and fun weekend!! Unfortunately a local drag racer wanted to have drag races there complete with burn out box, concrete dividers and a Xmas tree- THAT was not going to happen! 20 million dollar aircraft doing an emergency landing on those items would not look good on any Navy guy's career sheet, so the commander told the guy (politely) to stuff it. Drag guy wouldn't take no for an answer and ended up pissing off some admiral in D.C. so word came down and no more events at Mugu~!!
We tried a couple years ago with MWR dept at Mugu- new commander- and unless serious $$ were to come in, they were not interested.
Have they tried SB airport? If the event is tied to a charity (these things are always political) then it would fly.
Its always who ya know
The Pt was a little before my time here in SB.....I used to put together AX at Earl Warren Showgrounds.....I was the Safety Chair and AX chair....another member did some events I did the others....the State runs the show and brought in a new manager....little m intentional.....they had a CEO title, but they were essentially Kwikie Mart weasels....

Anyways, the new weasel came in, manufactured some BS and got us kicked out.

The state soon fired his a$$, he went to work managing a carwash....a new elected board and ceo came in and I got them to reverse the decision.....all the PCA had to do was present a safety plan.....the rest is, shall we say history.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)