View Single Post
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
The symptom I'm having is the front end doesn't steer as well relative to the amount I'm turning the wheel. For example, If I lay the hammer down in a transition rampthe front end wants to keep going to the outside of the turn, so I have to turn in more to keep the car turning.

It makes sense about the alignment settings; I can imagine taking that much weight out of the trunk. 30lbs doesn't seem like a lot, to be effecting these sorts of changes, but I'm just relaying my experience.

I went out to the garage to loosen the front bar; turns out it was already full-loose. As an aside, the removable bumper with the Dzus setup makes playing with the front swaybar a snap! Pop the front bumper off, and I can kneel down and get to the drop links easily! Since the front bar was full-loose, I tightned up the rear one notch. We'll see what happens.
Various VWs

Last edited by widebody911; 02-02-2004 at 09:27 PM..
Old 02-02-2004, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)