View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to tmctguer
i retrofitted a carrera front wheel cooler and hard lines into my '73 911 E. i was suprised at how well the hard lines from a later car fit my car. the carrera cooler also fit, although i had to do a work=around to mount it since my battery boxes are still intact. i also had to buy a few new hoses from Pelican to get all the plumbing to connect correctly. i kept my stock oil tank.

if you want to get details of my project, email me at tmctguer@cox.net. i have a few pictures of the oil cooler fabrication i created to keep the cooler mounted to by battery box.

warren is correct -- the toughest part of the project was prying the dang fittings off of the thermostat. i tried everything -- propane torch, penetrating oil -- i ended up carefully cutting them off with a dremel too. i can't stress "carefully" enough.

i'll search the archives to see if i posted the details of my project. if i find anything, i'll post it here.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)