View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to ischmitz
Change your mechanic !!!!!

For the shocks you need to check what type of strut/insert you have in the front. If it's Bilstein insertsyou can send your inserts in to Bilstein for a rebuild/revalve at 60$ a piece. If its Boge buy new Bilstein inserts for Boge struts at 260$ the pair. For the rears I would try and find a set of shot Bilstein shocks for next to nothing and send those in for a rebuild as well. That makes 220$ for fully rebuild shocks.

The torsion bars can be reindexed (setting the ride height. its a lot of work but you can do it in your driveway) or you can go to stiffer torsion bars. They are between 100$ and 200$ used per pair. Adjustable spring plates are between 100 and 200$ used and make the ride height adjustment in the rear alot easier. The front is simple to begin with. A simple 11mm wrench and you are in business.

After you are all done do yourself a favor and have the car aligned and maybe corner balanced 150$-200$

Cheers,
Ingo

I repair/rebuild Bosch CDI Boxes and Porsche Motronic DMEs
Porsche "Hammer" or Porsche PST2 - I can help!!
How about a NoBadDays DualChip for 964 or '95 993
Old 02-02-2004, 10:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)