View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to SCOTITUDE
Just rebuilt friends suspension for the track on a 1984 Turbo look and rebuilt my track car suspension last year. If your on a budget, like most of us junkies, and you want to save some $$$ send your front inserts and rear shocks back to Bilstein for refurbishing. I believe they are charging $55 for each front and $65 for each rear, give or take 5 bucks. I had mine done by them last year and the WHOLE bill including shipping was under $300. Turn around was about 2 weeks. A lot less than replacing for new. They will be new when u get them back anyway. They will revalve the inserts and shocks at any setting u wish within reason. So talk to your local suspension nut and find the valve settings you are looking for, stock, HiPerf street or race. Of course that is if you can remove them yourself and have a place for the car to sit for 2 weeks. removal and installation is pretty straightforward.
P.S. Run away from that mechanic. He's lookin to fund his kids college education!!!!
1980 911SC #99 track car, 993 3.6, 50 PMO's
2001 BMW 330Ci Vert DD
2019 Tahoe
2015 SL400 wifey DD
2014 Unmarked Explorer "company car"

Last edited by SCOTITUDE; 02-02-2004 at 10:51 PM..
Old 02-02-2004, 10:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)