View Single Post
Stay away from my Member

I have been a PCA member for 14 (give or take) years now, and I agree with Z that the regionS around here basically blow. If you are into the social scene with wine-country picnics, holiday dinner parties and so forth, then great. But for those of us who're more into driving events, we're redheaded orphan stepchildren.

I recognize that a big part of the issue is the lack of local venues for driving events. We essentially have a few full-blown motorsports sites in the vicinity, with their crowded calendars and expensive rental fees, and almost nowhere that welcomes smaller autox/TT/DE "parking lot" style club events. And PCA participation around here does not seem to generate enough interest in larger "real racetrack" events more than twice a year or so.

My first autox ever was at Pt. Magu circa 1990 and it played a big role in getting me hooked on these cars. Now I just find it sad that to enjoy a "casual" and inexpensive driving event like that means driving 1-3 hours (to San Diego) and then spending another 10 hours in the blazing sun to drive for a total of about 10 minutes. Plus then you "get" to volunteer for corner worker duty for an hour or more.

NO THANKS.

I appreciate the efforts of PCA on the national level and am glad to hear that other regions have a different experience than we do around here, but IMHO PCA is fading farther and farther into the background every year here in SoCal.
2001 F150 Supercrew 4x4 | tow vehicle
Old 02-02-2004, 11:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)