View Single Post

Garage
PMO's and Webers (when properly set up) can have really good throttle response. But a properly set-up MFI will be better still! Trust me, I've driven both. I personally think that MFI sounds as good if not better then carbs.

As far as the 2.7 being one of the "Best" engines Porsche made, it sounds like a little bit of salesmanship to me. If you ask me, all of the air-cooled 911 motors are very much the same from the driver's seat. It's just that the larger ones have "more". This is especially true when you compare pre-CIS engines to each other or EFI engines together. From a reliability perspective, the answer is much more complex and is constantly being investigated further on this BBS.

Rather then take one person's opinion as gospel, I'd try to test drive as many different versions as possible to see what you like best within your price range. Some people love the reliability of the CIS and EFI'd engines, some people love the aural symphony of the carb'd and (better yet) MFI'd cars. Some people say "toMAHtoe" and some say "toMAEtoe"

"It's a poor craftsman who blames their tools" -- Unknown
"Any suspension -- no matter how poorly designed -- can be made to work reasonably well if you just stop it from moving." -- Colin Chapman
Old 02-03-2004, 05:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)