View Single Post

Quote:
I thought that was strange too. I bet it has something to do with building up a tolerance and loosing it when away from the zinc on the weekends.
That is exactly why according to some of the info I read last night. and I didn't add it, that was straight from the OSHA site

Quote:
I especially like the tow-hook relocation. I have pretty mediocre welding skills, do you think I can unweld the one in the stock location and add one like yours?
I don't see why you coudn't relocate it. Restoration Design makes the peice and it comes on the front pan or seperate. Pelican Part# PEL-RDP201, $25.50 for just the tow hook. I believe it to be regular old steel , maybe with a zinc coating As long as you can make a strong weld, you should be okay, no need to be pretty. Remember though if you ever need to use the tow hook, you wont want it to come loose.

Quote:
whoa, that zinc topic should be another thread!
Thought about that but wanted to put it here since when folks are trying to tackle the job in the future, I hope they see this thread and realize they should be concerned. I knew about the problem, but thought I was safe since the panels were not galvanized. That turned out to be inaccurate.

The only good thing about the metal fever is that it goes away quick. If you can imaging compressing a normal 48 hrs worth of flu into about 5 hours that really was how it felt for me. I'd guess that the more exposure you have the longer it would last, but I'm not really sure. Overall still another interesting learning experience.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)