View Single Post

Conclusion

Well, I have replaced the left rear axel with a donor from a late model 944 I bought from ebay for $50.00. The PO of the axel said there were only 53K miles on the car when it was wrecked. I re-greased the joints and installed it over the weekend.

I will pull apart the axel I removed and inspect and replace the CV joints and boots with new ones. I'll then install this axel on the right hand side.

I find that having the extra axel helped because I am not pressured to remove, repair and replace all on the weekend. I can now remove and reinstall then take my time to repair the broken part. I have done this with several repairs on the car.

I did this with my power steering rack by purchasing a used one then having mine sent out for repair.

It takes a few extra dollars and extra time to do the repair, but I know that by not rushing the repair, it will be done correctly and having the pleasure of doing the repair myself saves much more money than the extra cost of buying spare parts.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)