View Single Post
Certified Pre-Owned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wil Ferch

-- I also heard from people on this board that Recaro Pole Positions allow the butt area to go somewhat below the plane of the mounts...but I haven't been able to confirm that, and neither have a number of shops I've called who sell the PP's alongside other brands ( Sparco).

Confirmed...but not the butt (the shell bottom). I have a Pole Position on the way into my car now. When used with Recaro steel brackets the molded shell bottom ends up just a wee tad (like 1/16") below the mounting plane of the brackets when the lowest rear hole is used on the bracket. This is negated by the use of sliders, should you choose to use them. The biggest diff with the PP is that the minimalist butt cushioning in combiniation with the mounting brackets and mounting points of the seat will take some good height out of the seat. They also have a narrower mounting width overall (the brackets bend up more towards 90 degrees and have inside gussets), and it is narrower overall than the Evo 2 setup. My take...a better fitting seat for the Carrera and SC.

-BG

Last edited by BGCarrera32; 02-03-2004 at 08:41 AM..
Old 02-03-2004, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)