Thread: SSI or Dansk
View Single Post

Jeroen,

Thanks for your comments and posting the pics. I 100% agree with you - I do not want to get into a pi$$ing contest either. I just want to be sure the facts are presented correctly. I do not know where you got the info you posted, but it was wrong, so I posted to correct it. There are some false rumors that fly around these boards sometimes, and in this case I feel it's important to set the facts straight.

Regarding the pics, yes, SSI makes excellent products. There is no question about that. Cosmetically, they are prettier than the Dansk heat exchangers. When it comes to functionality, however, the Dansk products perform excellently, and without flaw. Well enough that Porsche continues to use their products (as does Volkswagen and even other exhaust manufacturers such as Walker and Bosal).

I guess in many products visual appearance has a certain value. You could produce a toothbrush with a titanium handle, and it would look gorgeous, feel good in your hand, and be expensive, but would it get your teeth cleaner?

Just a little background info... Dansk is a division of JP Group. JP Group is a manufacturer of many different products that involve precise metal bending, stamping, and machine work. They are producing goods for the train industry, precise toolings, and much more.

Dansk makes some real purdy parts too. Here's our Boxster sport muffler and headers on display in Frankfurt at the last Automechanika;

'80 911SC Weissach Edition
'87 325is
'02 K1200RS
Old 02-03-2004, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)