View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by pwd72s
Harry D, my apologies...it wasn't an OREGON REGION event that turned me off so much. But, you have to admit, you have your share of snobs. Why do I no longer park in the PCA corral @ the historics? Because the final year I did that, a guy in a new 996 told me he didn't want my "old piece of crap" parked next to his new waterpumper. I've only belonged to PCA longer than this bozo, having joined in '67. But to each his own. When certain types move in, this old guy moves on...I'm still paying dues, but I often wonder why...(edit) J.P.? You're right, auto X isn't my bag now...kind of a "been there, done that" thing. My '72 has a suspension and gearbox ( factory limited slip creates push in slow auto-x corners) not suited to it these days. But if the W.O.W. records go back that far, check out who was 1972 A/S champion... Actually a co-championship with another guy. Equal points, he entered one more event...ancient history.
PWD,

I wonder how that snob would react to my '73 non-concours beater? Especially before I had the valve guides replaced!

I think all clubs seem to attract some who "miss the point". As JP notes, the gearheads tend to be at the DE/AutoX days. Personally, I am not much for the wine and cheese stuf but I do enjoy the chance to see these cars "operated in anger".
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i
2009 MB C300
Old 02-03-2004, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)