View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by old_skul
Unfortunately, the tear is about dead center in the middle of the top, so it's not easily accessible. I honestly don't mind driving the car with an ugly patch on it for a couple of months until we get some warmer weather in which to re-cover the top, so whatever I do will probably be from the outside anyway.

Stopped by Lowes yesterday. They had nothing to repair vinyl with. At least their customer (dis)service people had no clue. I looked around and found nothing.
I recover my top last year and patching the cut from under the top is the way to go.

The "Headliner is not that hard to remove (not unless some PO went and contacted the entire headliner to the vinyly top). Even if you remove the headliner comepletely and patch from underneath, only you will know that there is no headliner and a patch under the vinyl top.

Patch it from above and everyone will know that the top has a patch (no concurse points).
Old 02-03-2004, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)