View Single Post
Registered Loser

"I've heard nothing but good stuff about these cars. Seems like the perfect balance and AWD along with absolutely stupendous engineering would make for a great snow car."

Well, I've been told they tend to understeer on the track. I have no clue because my car has not yet been to the track. But in rain and snow, the thing is awesome.

"Do you ever have problems with damage to the car due to bad roads, though? Salt, gravel, ice-chips, etc? "

The car has a complete undertray for aerodynamics. So I feel pretty safe from debris damage. This is my first winter with the car so I'll know in a few months if salt is an issue. But my guess is the galvanizing will do its job.

"4wd helps you start moving, nothing helps you slow down."

Absolutely. Anybody who goes fast in winter around here is high on crack. That being said, the C4 is very sure-footed. Sometimes I even punch it just to cut the wheels loose on the slush and then feel the car regain its grip...very fun. But only at slow speeds.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)