View Single Post

I'm sure back in '83 or whatever years you want to include, the wiring wasn't crap. But over the years oxidation and corrosion sets in, and that'll make any car's electrical system crap.

Of course, most people won't take into consideration that some of these cars are 21+ years old, and that time will take it's toll on electrical components, so the only real answer has to be that the electrical system sucks

My Conquest suffers the same fate.. Crappy wiring

Back on the original subject. I'd doubt that a $20 grounding kit is going to have the highest quality of wire. The thing that really counts with DC is multi-strand wiring. Some of the best you can find at a reasonable price would be for the car audio world. Stinger, Streetwires, Monster, Rockford, etc... Don't settle on the stuff at radio shack, as it's strand count is at least half that of the others. Some places sell it by the foot, for various prices. Then you just need terminals to go on it. I usually use some of the gold plated ring terminals, solder them on and heat shrink them to prevent water and corrosion from getting inside. If you shop around, you might be able to find everything you need for $50-75 or so.
02 Altima SE 3.5 - grocery go-getter
00 Yellow Ducati Monster 900i.e. 88 Chrysler Conquest TSi
Old 02-05-2004, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)