View Single Post

3.6 vram install & 915 rebuild progress report

It looks like I'm one of many in the crowd performing a 3.6 conversion right now, but I thought I'd share my project with the group. I'm replacing the stock 2.7 in my 1977 911S with a 1997 3.6 Vram. I went with a US OBDII engine with the drive block disabled and mapping updated by Steve Weiner at Rennsport Systems. During the conversion, I'm also replacing both rear wheel bearings, the CV joints & half shafts, a million other little things, rebuilding the 915, and adding a GT LSD. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to enlighten you on the decisions I made, and why I made them. Here we go:

Original 2.7 in the car

This is the engine bay with the 2.7 removed. The sound pad was disintegrating, so I either had to sand & repaint or replace the pad

I decided to sand & paint

I'm also having the transmission completely rebuilt, and a GT LSD added. This is a picture of the transmission installed in the car before the project

This is the case completely cleaned and painted. I think I lost 10lbs just by removing the sludge

Here's the old 2.7 out of the car. It dyno'd at 115 rwhp on a Dynapack dyno last week.

Another view of the 2.7

A final view of the 2.7

more to follow in an additional post

Last edited by MuffinMan; 02-07-2004 at 12:50 PM..
Old 02-07-2004, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)