View Single Post

Worst case scenario confirmed. A fellow Denver Pellicanite (Grady Clay) came over and helped me pull it apart. It's coming out from the outside of the bearing.

Therefore, it's either a pinched seal or the bearing was bad, not perfectly round, or something. Anyway, it's a complete disassembly.

Wayne, look for some more orders coming from me in the near future. Not sure what I will be needing until disassembly.

Grady did mention that we should have a disassembly party when I get it back down to the block. Seems like a good idea to have people analyze what went wrong.

Also, I'm planning on doing a leak test before I start disassembly to make sure everything looks good from that side.

So, what's next. Beside the birth of our next child which is due any day. My thought is to pick up a used engine so I can drive the car then take my time with the rebuild and maybe do some more modifications to improve it's street performance.

Thanks for the advice. And, if anyone has an 80 - 82 engine they want to loan me, I'm all ears.
1982 SC Targa (Sold)
Old 02-18-2004, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)