View Single Post
Certified Rennwerker

Send a message via MSN to 924Sman
Not close to the same engine. Save face and buy a 951 instead. Cost of the car is too high IMHO! Buy it and convert to turbo makes the final sale cost around 12 Grand instead.

The car on the link is a 84 not 87 again many differences. HP on this car is 147.

Problems: Former owners treated it like dirt. Check the PPO's!!! Records!?
TIMING BELT failure is # 1 get the belts done if not known when replaced. Many sellers are selling because they are close to replacing the belt system and can't or don't want to pay the cost to have it done so buyers get stuck with the job and as a result many go too long and CRASH......fail. Clutch life is another failure if not kept or treated nice. Is this car a manual? But to answer the question correctly anything can be a problem if neglected on a Porsche. There are owners who have had to practically rebuild the car back to spec due to poor PO maintanance. So in sum this car could use a lot of cash just to get it to spec if this car has issues!

OK guyz wait till I get my popcorn and beverage ready before you proceed with flogging this guy! GL! Sman

Last edited by 924Sman; 02-19-2004 at 05:06 AM..
Old 02-19-2004, 02:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)