View Single Post

Jim,
Sorry to raise more expectations. You can always sell or save your RS pistons and buy a set of 92 mm RSR Mahle Nikasil. They are currently available and Iím sure they are expensive but I would (will) buy them again.

As far as running out of breath, the E still pulls great at 6500, even OK at 7000. Yes, I will continue with the stock ports. Definitely not like an S, but good strong performance and the E will pull an S - zero to 80 MPH. The S is better performing on the track at DE. The E is a better street car. As I said, neck snapping throttle response, great street manners, and outrageous horsepower. I recall it being 230 HP peak @ 5900 RPM. The 20% larger displacement moved the peak HP RPM down because of the intake restriction.

I have two 2.8S MFI 10.3:1 that the peak HP (~270) is at only 6300 RPM. Again for the same reasons and are far more streetable than the original 2341s.

These are single plug engines but they will be twin plug when they next run. In my next life I want to try the S intakes with the E cams and pump, only matching the ports and not. The dyno tells.

Whatever, Jim, donít sell your OE 911E parts. Just save them in a cool, quiet part of your basement. I can offer some preservation sugestions.

Connect with Pelican rs911t (in Virginia) who has a 2.8S carb built on a 2.4T we built in í74-í75. The case has never been split even after almost 30 years. He ran it fast in DE all last summer.

Best,
Grady
gradyclay@hotmail.com
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
Old 02-23-2004, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)