View Single Post

To all the "lemmings".

Firstly, I must apologise for adapting a normal automotive idea to the R1100S. If I knew back in early 1999 that this would have upset the good Dr Curve I would not have ever created the product.

Secondly, Good Doctor, show me the place where the outrageous claims for power gains are made for just an InDuct and chip.

Thirdly, to list each mod done and tested individually the following achieved the 101.8 rwhp on my bike. I cannot account for the accuracy of the 2 dyno jet dynos and the Erv Kanemoto built dyno that all read within 1 hp of each other to give the result.

1. Cylinder head porting
2. Foran exhaust
3. InDuct developed and tested
4. Cams reground and tested.
5. Epicycle VariReg fuel pressure regulator.
6. Advance ignition timing.
7. Vernier cam sprockets to advance cam timing.
8. Internal exhaust welds ground out (1.8hp from 20% cross sectional area gain)

It has been stated many times that with the fitment of the correct fuel ratio mapped chip the bike will show less power on the dyno. What don't you understand about this statement. It is admission that on the dyno it reads less, but on the road is much better.

How many times do you need to be told this Doctor. Also, ride a bike set up like many have done here and tell us that it does not run better and is as pointed out the driveability is improved.

You continue to insult the "lemmings" here and report about how much bull**** this product is as you call it by name, the "InDuct".

You yourself have admitted to modifying a BMW with a snorkel that protruded from the front of the bike that brought fresh cold air into the airbox for use with high speed runs.

I do not dispute that good pistons either large bore or high compression do not give a good result. I do state that there is an alternative for the warranty conscious in the world.

Again, whether it is I or anyone else who would develop non Dr approved products, your continued rantings and attacks only lessen your creditability here. I have respect for your achievements in the past even using the "snorkel" concept, but it is hard to respect you with your constant attacks on a product proven to improve the driveability of the much loved R1100S.

Torque gets you off the line and horsepower carries you to top speed. Without torque, you will not accelerate quickly and all my tuning is about increasing midrange torque and not outright horsepower. I hope you can intelligently respond to what I have wriiten and not ignore what I have to say as you always do.

www.boxer-performance.com

1998 R1100S Yellow is the best (now departed from my life)

Last edited by lennie; 05-20-2004 at 01:07 AM..
Old 05-20-2004, 12:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)