View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by roger albert
Pep, for calibration the suspension on the BCR and regular S vary only by the paralever, and shock length and valving. Those are variables that can be juggled on any bike when you're playing with shocks anyway, so I don't think you should feel you lost analyzing anything. Not a BCR slam mind you. I'm just saying that if you're changing the shock anyway, and already have a GS paralever anyway, then there's no difference. The later ones (regardless of cup vs reg) are supposed ot be about 2lb lighter in the tranny. That's the only weight difference. (unless you compare to the orignal r11s-light, which was of-course/paradoxically, the heaviest model. Go figure. Possibly done by the same crew that made the S's bag mounts wider than those of the RT. Gag.
The comparo I saw listed the Boxercup circa 13 poiunds lighter than a "regular" S [I don't know which "regular" S they used]... I assumed that was because the BCR has no centerstand and ABS... The height figures indicated that the motor should be within a few cm of where the GS motor rides ["Regular" GS, not the Adventure]... With the additional height, the wheelbase is still about an inch longer than my R1100RS with all the stuff I've done to it... Add the more powerful motor, and I'm thinking I still have work to do before I could win a race against myself if I was on the BCR...

Do I have that straight, or am I missing something?...
http://homepage.mac.com/pep27/PhotoAlbum1.html
Old 05-20-2004, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)