View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by roger albert
If peak hp were the primary concern, we'd be contracting PEP to graft aging CB600F2 motors from the late eighties in there
When have I ever done a "peak hp" project on a Boxer?... Never... I have one planned, but it involves things like a 1200cc motor, ported twin-spark heads, dual-injector TB's, and turbos... Nothing from the late eighties... All I've ever done to my R-bike so far is reduce it's weight about 50 pounds under stock, and make the suspension kick ass...

You can go on and on an on about "tractability" or whatever, but basically you live in a dream world if you think you're getting any performance advantage from your LAZER or whatever that will give you an edge in any competitive situation that means anything... The only advantage to a LAZER that means anything significant at all is the weight reduction it gives you, and any subjective improvement in looks and sound you think you got... As far as any performance increase that matters, no aftermarket exhaust made anywhere by anybody for any bike on the planet does anything significant...

If you get inside the motor to change the fundamentals to make it perform better [As I changed the fundamantals of my bike's suspension and geometry to make it handle better], then an improved exhaust is one feature that will help you get the most out of those fundamental modifications... But any exhaust system by itself is meaningless; In fact, could even be detrimental...

How many know you need at least a freer flowing air filter with a freer flowing exhaust to make sure your valve temps stay happy?...
http://homepage.mac.com/pep27/PhotoAlbum1.html
Old 05-28-2004, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #158 (permalink)