View Single Post

here's a step by step (it's slightly different than what's on clarks-garage.com although his site has some nice pictures):
http://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/body-09.htm
1. manually raise the lights (disc. the battery so the lights don't chop your finger off if they happen to close or something)
2. unscrew the 4 phillips screws at the top of the nose panel
3. on mine: I had to remove a rubber seal thing that was on the 8 mm retaining nuts, you might have to do the same (if you do, just give them a tug, they're not attached to anything and should come out quite easily)
4. use the 8mm socket to remove those retaining nuts
5. use a 10mm socket with a 1/4" rachet (MUST have a 1/4" rachet and a 2 in" extension on it or else it won't fit!) to remove those side nuts
6. on mine: there were two phillips screws underneath the nose panel. if you do everything else, you should be able to fit a screw driver in there and get them out easily. clarks-garage.com never mentions them though, so I'm not sure if it's on all or not
7. give the nose panel a firm tug towards the front (you'll see why when you open it, you need to pull the nose panel forward). you might have to wiggle it a little to get it loose first because it's probably been together for ages.
8. use a putty knife or teflon scraper to gently wedge up the sides of the crest until it falls out.

good luck
-Matt
-Koni Yellow Sport Adjustable struts and shocks
-225 lb springs up front

Cleaned grounds = happy 944
WTB: 951 black passenger door/fender
Old 06-05-2004, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)