View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to Peter_Hinkle
New 944 owner questions

Hey guys, I have been a member of the 914 list for about 4 years now and this weekend i bought a 944. It is an 88 in very good shape and the PO was meticulous with it. It does have two things that require my attention though and I had a few questions. First, I need a new muffler. The rest of the exhaust system is fine but the muffler has given up. What is my most effective course of action? Should I buy a muffler from Pelican etc. or can I simply go to a reputable muffler shop and they will have what I need? I am so used to the 914 and not ever being able to get parts anywhere that I don't know what to expect with this one. Also, the car needs the 944 turbo motor mount upgrade. What is involved in this? I have, many times, pulled the motors on 914's and done just about anything and everything to them so this seems like an afternoon project. Is that correct? One last thing, how does one tell if a car is an "S" model? Thanks in advance for any help and i look forward to dealing with you guys in the future...Peter

1974 Saturn Yellow 914/4 1.8/w BigBore/Webers/MSD
1988 944 Black on Black w/phone dials
Old 06-05-2004, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)