View Single Post

I HAVE TO REPLACE THE ENTIRE PARKING BRAKE ASSEMBLY, PLATE AND ALL!!! I am not an idiot. I have all of the bearings out. My axle destroyed the bearings and wore out the center of the plate that holds the brake pads. I removed the springs, pads, and adjuster, and there is no way for the cable to be removed. It is attached to a lever arm.

Where there are the 4 19mm bolts holding in the parking brake plate, there is a round hole in the middle of that. It is where the axle stub comes through to connect to the hub. this circle is smaller than the inside of the control arm bearing housing. When the bearings completely went, the axle wore this piece about a 1/2" out of round at the top. It MUST be replaced. I need to remove the parking brake cable and that is all. Even if i am supposedly wrong i still need to remove the cable one way or another of which Haynes does not tell you.

No i dont want to read the manual because it isnt helpful. You must not want to read the posts becuase i stated all of this before.

Black on Black leather
Digital Dash
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Enkei 15x7's
Fog/headlight mod to come

AIM - ShawnMacAnanny
Old 06-08-2004, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)