View Single Post

What did you do Today?

as for me...

i changed out the Front wheel bearings. what a PITA job that was. took me about 5 hours, after getting everything back together i noticed i had warped rotors in the front. and to top it off my wheels still wiggle when grabing them at 9 and 3 oclock and pushing back in forth. come to find out my stearing rack seems loose inside or there is a spot where the stearing rack is striped out. any hints on how to fix this wiggle motion? is there something to tighten up inside the stearing rack?
it doesnt seem to affect stearing right now but could be a problem latter. car goes down the road straight doesnt pull from side to side anymore

put my cookies back on. i like that look better than phone dials. also have white letters on the outside of the tires (ill post pics in a day or two so those who wonder how a 944 looks with white letters will know)

also choped the top of the air box off with a hacksaw, just so i dont suck up dirt out of the fender area... but now i suck hot air, oh well, the engine sounds sexier now, more GRRRRRR , and if i need to i have a extra air box top.

i even messed around with my fiberwerks rear wing. with the wing in the flat position (0 degrees) it acts just like the stock wing, gives the same car feeling as to which you are used to. with the wing in the 30 degree slot it makes the rear end hunker down at 85 mph. also makes the front end feel a bit light. guess ill have to put on my chin spoiler now so it evens out the feel. (also i didnt go over 90mph and no im not bragging about speed just stating that with the rear spoiler at 30 degrees changes the way the car handles, for those minds which are aquiring aerodynamics(sp).)

all in all i was busy today, any guesses on what might be wrong with my power stearing rack??? i have anouther one but it seems to do the same thing. so....

cant spell forgive my "hukt on Fonix" it workt gud four mi

in the process of buying a car and a half garage with a detached house and fenced in yard
03 Eclipse GS

Last edited by adida(r 944); 06-27-2004 at 09:59 PM..
Old 06-27-2004, 09:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)