View Single Post

well, I drove 45 minutes to go look at a 83 gaurds red / linen 944 that was supposed to be in good shape for $2400..
I talked him down to 1800 over the phone.
When I got there, his girlfriend was in the car running it, I guess so it wouldn't stall.
Imediately, I could tell that it wouldn't pass smog.
It had been resprayed at some point and that was even faded and the roof was very bad. They even sprayed over all rubber on the outside and even got the radiator etc..
The interior was all torn up bad. Missing radio, speakers etc..
small ricer steering wheel
automatic tranny
now for the engine:
intake boot fixed by some sort of epoxy going completely around it. Air filter box repaired the same way. battery just sitting in the bin. valves ticking and a definate bearing going south when RPMs go above idle.
Belts probably on the last leg.

Bla bla bla

I was also on the lookout for socks and lamp cords..

so thats how I spent my day..
I was later thinking, I could give the guy $500 for it, but then it would be MY headache.

I hope others spent the day more productive..

Tomorrow, Nude Beach !! unless there is a socal get together.
with a stop at the driving range first.

(edit) oh, I also hit a full size tread off of a truck tire doing 85, now I have more of a pull to the right. I hit it as I was passing a car, it came from nowhere and hit just in front of the drivers wheel.

Current Stable 944 83 Kalahari Beige manual rack, short 5th gear951 86 Guards Red, pristine TurboYou must not anger the Porsche Gods - you MUST leave one small item unrepaired, lest the Stuttgartians smite thine car with bad Ju-Ju-AF Juvat

Last edited by Don 944 LA; 07-03-2004 at 11:13 PM..
Old 07-03-2004, 10:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)