View Single Post
Custom User Title

Red face Prove how smart you are

Now that I have your attention, maybe you can answer me these questions 3:

1) Now that my instrument cluster is out and awaiting the odometer gear in the mail, there's something else I could fix if someone could tell me how. Sometimes when I drive, the speedo stays at 0 for awhile until it finally jumps into place. In a few extreme cases, I've had to whack the dash to get it goin'. Is there something I can do/lubricate to resolve this while its out?

2) My turn signal has never canceled after a left turn. Now that the wheel is off, maybe I should fix this. What part is this that I need to replace?

3) Sputtering- This problem reared its head, then didn't do it, and now does it again. I step on it, rpms climb normally until around 3k and then I get sputters under full throttle, not really wanting to climb. In a more gradual manner, it doesn't happen. I don't think its the turbo, as the gauge shows boost (yes, I know its inaccurate, but its going as high as it always did). People have suggested vacuum leaks. I plan to order a bunch of vacuum hosing (Lindsey sells a 'complete set' for $30. I have no idea where they are going, but should this solve the problem? Also, I will replace the overdue fuel filter. Other thoughts? I notices some water coming from the exhaust when I was revving it in the driveway trying to identify the problem. No smoke from pipe.

Fancifully yours-
Rammstein
Old 07-13-2004, 10:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)