View Single Post
Try not, Do or Do not

Garage
The customer is a Porsche enthusiast with many cars in his collection. He has a hot rod [RS replica with twin plug, 2.8 slide valve engine and all the bells and whistles] so for this car he was looking for a little more derivability. As I have stated many times on the BB, the solex cam lies somewhere between "E" and "S" and from my experience is the best street cam for a smaller engine.
This engine has euro spec 2.7 Ps & Cs ( 8.5 to 1) 38 mm intake port matched to 38 mm butterfly housings on the MFI. As I have also stated in various places on the BB, the 2.4 "E" MFI pump will easily adjust to function well with this engine configuration. The exhaust is SSI, the muffler is a twin in -twin out 3 in Borla.
We also did a cosmetic restoration of the engine compartment. The car started out brown got painted white but the engine compartment was painted black as are so many of these older cars. This is one of the few body cosmetic restorations we offer. We do this so our work is displayed in the best possible light.
BEFORE

AFTER

What you are viewing is a mouse nest. This car was a daily driver when it came in.
Email: supertec1@earthlink.net
Old 07-20-2004, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)