View Single Post

As far as the current offerings, I'm going to defer to Bell and other's here that have used some of the most current stuff. I'm using an "old school" system, all a/d/s/. As a matter of fact, I've spent this whole weekend putting my 320i's in my doors.

Alot of work to do it right. The backing plates are made out of 1/4" aluminum, machined to fit the recess in the door. The plates are threaded to accept 8-32 stainless hex head bolts that hold the woofer in place. There is a foam water shield that also acts as a gasket between the door panel and the door, then an aluminum trim ring to cover up the factory speaker mounting holes (the 320i's are a little smaller than the factory speakers). For now, the tweeters are surface mounted, but they will be flushed into a pair of factory '88 and up style tweeter grills soon.

I still have to build the amp and crossover rack for the trunk. I'm using an a/d/s/ PH15 (6x50), a/d/s/ 642i crossover, and a special subwoofer enclosure that a/d/s/ made just for the 911. It's going to take me a few more weeks, but will be worth it when done.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)