View Single Post

You can get the compression up that way, but why take all that off the heads, then you have to worry about piston to valve, chains, piston to deck, etc. You could just get a set of barrels and have a set of pistons made to the compression you want, that woudl be easier and more efficient. I have a post up here on a set of Wisecos I just had made for a 930, where the guy wanted the same thing to get the comp up, but when I figured how much was needed to remove, it was better just to get better pistons.

Besides, as a side note, most of the stuff I have found to be advertised as something, turns out to be lower than claimed. So you have to check anything you get. The last set of Mahle 7.5:1 p/cs I had in here, turned out to be 6.9:1 when I poured the motor, and that was with the heads milled, and a smaller gasket. Thats when I had the pistons made and now when I pured the motor, the numbers work out to 8.05:1- we were shooting for 8:1
Old 07-29-2004, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)